May 20, 2018

The Soldier's Awakening (Anonymous)

This is a fantastic poem found on the body of soldier in world war 1.. I hope it speaks to your heart as it did to mine and renew your relationship and love for God!

Dear God, I have never spoken with you-
But now- I want to say  "How do You do?"
You see, God, they told me You didn't exist,
And, like a fool, I believed all of this.

Last night, from a shell-hole I saw your sky,
I figured right then they had told me a lie.
Had I taken the time to see the things You made,
I'd have known they wern't calling a spade a spade.

I wonder, God, if you'd shake my hand?
Somehow, I feel that You will understand.
Funny, I had to come to this hellish place
Before I had time to see Your face.

Well, I guesst there isn't much more to say.
But I'm sure glad, God, I met You today.
I guess zero hour will soon be here.
But I'm not afraid since You're near.

The signal! Well, God, I'll have to go.
I like you lots, this, I want You to know.
Look now, this will be a horrible fight
Who knows, I may come to Your House tonight.

Though I wasn't friendly with You before
I wonder, God, If you'd wait at Your door
Look, I'm crying! Me!  shedding tears.
I wish I had known You these many years.

Well, I have to go now, God. Goodbye.
Strange! Since I met You, I'm not afraid to die.

No comments: