May 29, 2007

Missed Calls…

…there are many, but is there a log?

We all have missed calls sometime or the other… oh, yeah, that mobile phone keeps a log of those missed calls too… But what of those calls you miss, of subtle voices that reach out to you? Do you have a log of it?

It was raining almost every evening during the last two weeks in Delhi, and then it occurred to me, when I was driving home alone on NH-10, that I saw someone completely drenched asking for a lift… I just ignored, who wants to wet their car for a stranger? And that too taking in strangers on a highway, when you’re alone, is it safe? Huh, why bother so much! Just ignore. I thought I missed a call?!

I recall a year back, when I was driving from Faridabad with my friend to Delhi, that we saw a big stone blocking our way, the road was empty and we drove past; but, we stopped by agreeing that we should remove it, lest a mishap take place. Guess that call was an answered call!?!

Well, I believe each of us do receive such calls to answer everyday. Children, adults and crippled begging when you’re waiting for the traffic-light turn green or when you’re shopping at a market place, a friend asking ‘can you do me a favor?’, or sometimes our own family members are silently seeking attention…

Do we have a log of those missed calls? If we had, I’m sure it would count more than the days of our lives… Guess we should start working on reducing those hereafter?

No comments: