August 21, 2007

When someone else controls your life...

Eevrybody likes to control... but, have you ever been controlled? Have an idea of what it's like?


Picture this: You're sitting in the driver seat of your car, but you realize that the steering wheel just doesn't respond to your directions, but it is controlled externally by someonelse. You're trying hard to take it to a direction you want to, but, it's just not possible... How would you feel?


Well, it's really very tiring mentally when you lose control over whatever's happening in your life. Cos, you just indulge in investigating petty details of life trying to find the missing clue, or what went wrong. Isn't it? That's when ambiguity strikes your life... and it's like a high-intensity earthquake which shatters and scatters everything around... It's in those moments that life issues do not let you take control of them, and demand absolute conformity... makes your head go absolute bonkers.


I remember writing "So, who's managing you now-a-days," a month or two ago, but that's only about career. I guess all working executives will concur with it when I say, that in the current lifestyles there's a very very very thin line dividing personal & work life, and in fact, for both the sides fall into each others premises leaving no distinction at all.


Right now, I'm just talking out... to this computer screen, on this blog... cos I seem to have a fascination for this friend without a face and odd little name...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I have had my life controlled for 29 years. First it began with my parents and for the past 8 years my husband seems to be controlling me in every aspect. Every time I would try to achieve I would be cheating so he says but thats what he has been doing for six years and now possibly three kids later. I am tired and yes I argue because I feel I have the right but now I am tired of even arguing. I have been diagnosed with severe depression within the past 1 1/2 years. Went to counseling but since hes gotten back from Iraq I haven't been able to go. He had his mom watch my now 9 year old child when he was 8 months old and I kept telling him I want my baby back and he would say its not the right time. That is my second child by him and now I have 5 kids all together by him and he tells me I can't have my son back yet. I have never lost custody of him and have been longing to have all my children together. I am tired of the name calling he does to me and hanging up the phone like I am nothing. And yes I know those are signs of control. He controls his money because I was told its not ours but everytime I tried to work as I said I was accused of cheating or trying to leave when I wanted for me. And then I am criticized at everything I do

Manohar said...

Hi Kelly,

My heart goes out to you as I read your comment. I may not be able to fully understand what you're going through, but I can certainly promise you that there's hope eternal, and things will turnaround to give back the best of life to you. If you're spiritual and believe in God, put your trust in Him, and as He promised, "All things work for good, for they that love the Lord." Jesus never fails. I believe that. Believe with me. I wish you the best.