November 1, 2008

Our savior does not cast us off!

As I keep diverting my focus that leads me away from the Lord and realize it, I can't help but think of Kefa (Peter), to whom Jesus Christ said, that He will give the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Later on, during the trial of Jesus, Peter disowns Jesus thrice, and declares not knowing Him.

Being the Lord of all the heavens and the earth, Jesus surely knew what wrong and right things Peter would do, but He still chose to bless him with the keys of the kingdom of heaven without any conditions whatsoever. Well, knowing all our weaknesses, is it not an evidence that our Savior will not cast of us off? I was encouraged these lines I came across in a ' Our Daily Bread' reading:

Our Savior does not cast us off
because we fail or turn aside;
He wins us back through ways of love
That in His love we may abide

"God can transform tragedies into triumphs"

Amen!

No comments: