January 4, 2009

The clicking bug bite

"What do I do this Saturday afternoon?" That's been one question I've been put to spontaneously deal with every week since I've joined Infosys. Thankfully, I've been taking time to go to Youth fellowships, go for a run, take time for family among others..

This Saturday late afternoon (Jan 4, 2009), I was suddenly remembered of the Karyashala on Photography (as a part of our employee engagement initiatives) we'd organized at Infosys, Gurgaon where Amitabh Bhattacharya, a photographer who conducts workshops for Canon customers took a session with us, and there was revealed a photography technique to me, which I'd waited and wasted so many clicks for - the 'macro' mode in our digital cameras. Huh.. After so much of wondering how do those guys click the best of close-ups, here I was with the knowledge now, with the instruments, and I knew exactly where to go to check out my skill at it. I've been seeing this mustard field since a month everyday while going to work in Dwarka towards Kapashera... and here it is.. check out the photographs.. all of 'em with a digital retouch on 'The Beauty of a Mustard Field'. Oh, before that I'd also landed up at the IGI airport runway to shoot flights landing as well, but no luck, however, here's three clicks I got! And, later in the evening, caught up with Daem o'er a cup of coffe and a muffin at CCD Malviya Nagar.. Here's more clicking at coffee.

No comments: