Even with so much emphasis on global-warming and the environmental hazards, many would simply not take heed.. Here's some details on what problems the chemicals used in the fire-crackers can cause--
- Copper: Irritation of respiratory tract
- Cadmuim: Anemia and damage to kidney
- Lead: Affects the nervous system
- Magnesium: Dust and fumes cause metal fume fever
- Sodium: Reacts violently with moisture and can attack the skin.
- Zinc: Leads to vomiting
- Nitrate: Could lead to mental impairment
- Nitrite: Could lead to coma
Friends who're reading this... Go Green! Say no to explosives this Diwali.. Happy Diwali!